These Experience Rooms use AV recognition and AI to create games and activities.
- You are in an empty room and just have to do something until the AI sees you do it. You might not get any clues. You move hands and arms, eventually you all jump at the same time. Then the room lights up and goes “ding”. Then dark again. Then you have to figure out the next move. (See my post on empirical escape rooms for related thoughts)
- The idea is that people are just trying all kinds of weird things with their bodies and voices to guess what is next.
- I think we’ll need some hints or clues. Maybe show them a random video of some dogs jumping around. That is the clue they they all have to jump. Or show them someone drinking a cup of coffee. and the realize they have to mimic that.
- They can yell “help” and get a hint.
- Maybe the videos are more complex and you have to choose the elements in them that you think might be the ones.
- There should be a designated “stage” on the floor where people stand to reproduce what is happening.
Progressive Dance Party Room
- Maybe the room shows you a move. You do it. It shows you a second move. You do the first one, then the next one. It gets longer and longer. If you fail, you start over.
- More than a dance, it could be a series of moves.
- Different people could be assigned different moves at the same time. Or the entire group might be required to do the same moves at the same time. Or, each person could be assigned a color or avatar and the moves could switch from being all the same, different, and even some people being still at points to highlight another dancers shines.
Progressive Dance Party Room – with AI Dancer
- You do the move and the AI shows you doing the move. Then your friend has to do the move. Then adds a move. Then you do the move.
- Maybe your friend is not looking at you at the time. They only learn from the AI video.
- This could be done well. Or purposely filled with errors to make it run like the telephone game. You do it, AI does it, friend does it. Watch it degenerate.
Puzzle Room Dance Party
- This is a combination of the above ideas. You have to guess the moves AND it is also a dance party. Unlike the Puzzle Room idea, there is a strong beat and musical element here. Unlike the Dance Party idea, you are not told the moves.
- When the AI sees you have guessed the move, it lets you go to the next level.