Here’s some of the things I worked on this week.
- Sales. This is probably the highest priority right now. Fussing with and figuring out which Google Ads strategy is both expensive and time consuming. I got them adjusted on Wednesday, but for some reason google isn’t running them yet. They are still “learning”. It didn’t take this long when I did it last week. In fact, it was probably just a couple hours. I don’t know what the difference is. Frustrating that I only have one campaign going now. Thankfully I have been getting some sales, but they are not yet attributed to it so might not be due to the campaign.
- Improving the experience. This is really what I want to be doing. As much as I would like to learn more TouchDesigner, I place ads in a few places to offload that work. I’m not keen on spending on a developer, but maybe they can get what I need done pretty quickly.
- I am returning the dehumidifier since it didn’t seem to do much. I’m also returning the world’s worst gaffer tape, a mouse and keyboard, and 4 Govee lightbulbs. The bulbs worked fine, but there’s no easy way to hook them up to TouchDesigner. I found that some work has been done hooking up Hue lights, so I bought a hue hub and some lights. I installed them last night and they work well from my phone. Hopefully we can integrate them into touch pretty quickly.
- I bought a couple of wireless speakers for the TV. The monitors I have been using always have a hum (due to the setup) that annoys me. Plus they are very flat sounding because they are monitors. The Roku speakers work instantly with the Roku TV, which is great because I’m tired of messing with wifi/bluetooth/wires. The less technology I have to manage, the better. I love these speakers already. The sound is a massive improvement on the monitors. It instantly made me want to get a better sound system for the Eureka Room. That is LONG overdue.
- I also worked on my pre-show script. It didn’t translate well from my house so I have been winging it. That’s worked sometimes but sometimes I’m not on my game and it comes off as unprepared and unprofessional. I hate that so I’ve been working on two scripts. One is for when I can have improved technology to accompany my dialog (for when I get the TouchDesigner changes made). The other is the temporary script that lets me do a better job with what I have going in the room now.
- It’s been killing me how slow the show starts off. I really really want to pull Color Color out and replace it with shorter high-energy transitions graphics and sounds. People still like it a lot the way it is, but it seems like a build up to a whimper. But the change requires visuals and music and some energy management so it’s not something I can turn over super fast.