Grant was unable to come to the space today and I didn’t have any work that couldn’t be done from home, so I worked from home. I like to assign environments to tasks and home is where I do the marketing stuff, mostly. So I spent the day updating the website and the booking system to ready it for the new space. I also updated the address Google, TripAdvisor, and Yelp.
I talked with Wendy on the curtains and after going back and forth the last few months, finally decided on using cables (vs hooks or rods). She’s putting together a couple of 11′ panels so we can test the weight.
I worked on the software side of it, trying to figure out if, with the expanded room, I could continue to work in 4k or if I had to move up to a higher resolution which potentially be a pandora’s box for my workflow. For example, during development, I run Final Cut Pro from my macbook to Touchdesigner on the PC using a blackmagic 4k card. I also make each show one movie, I might have to split the walls and the projector screen into two movies and then sync them in TouchDesigner. That might not be a big deal but it could also be a headache. I don’t want to have to find out.
Grant cleaned up the cabling, which was no small task, plus I’m sure a lot of other stuff but I was more focused on the software. We discussed how to hang the curtains and I followed up with Wendy.
I put together the end tables and chairs for the waiting room. They look great. Thank goodness it only took about 20 minutes to do all of them. A desk I did a few weeks ago took almost 4 hours.
I took a bunch of stuff we were done using home with me. On the way, I picked up one panel of curtains from Wendy. It was a long day.
I decided to pause on the software until I had the projector. It just wasn’t worth the struggle. The missing projector is holding a lot of things up.
I brought in some more stuff from my house – stickers, signs, the sound system, and other stuff. Grant worked on the standoffs and getting the front set so that I can start (hopefully) updating the software end this weekend. He also stripped the paint from the world’s most expensive benches. Those things have been such a pain.
Grant put a curtain up on the 11′ wall and it looked impressive. I worked on how exactly we are going to hang the curtains in the doorways. Originally I thought hang in the middle and then have a valance on either side, but after testing it some, I decided I wanted curtains on both sides. Well sort of. What I decided I wanted to do with each of the 3 doorways was different for each and not worth detailing here other than to say I wanted to give the illusion that the only door in the waiting room was the one to the Eureka Room.
I went home in the afternoon to have lunch. On the way I dropped some stuff off at the UPS store for returns. At home I decided to load the car up with more stuff to take down. I also decided to take back a ton of stuff from Amazon that was coming up on the return date’s closing window. At the Eureka Room I opened the TV, placed the coat rack and organized more stuff.
I’m going to help Wendy with curtains on Friday, get the projector and test it out. If that works I can do more software stuff. Grant is off Friday with the Bike Zoo and back on Monday.