Wow, what an incredibly busy few weeks this has been preparing for SXSW. The punch list included:
- Buying a new PC for the room. The old one was getting more unpredictable.
- Repainting the front steps.
- Building a shrine to the bird in the gift shop.
- Covering the remaining bare walls with curtains.
- Hanging soe fabric from the gift shop ceiling.
- Replacing the lights with LED lights.
- Making more takeaways.
- Getting more swag made up (which required lots of design work and back and forth). We now have 3 types of shirts in 4 colors, coozies, pins, mugs (2 designs), and gift cards.
- Hire 2-3 people and figure out how they will fit with our current process.
- Replace the lock on the closet and move the lockbox.
- Update the programs (this was done a couple weeks ago but I’ve been testing and finally rolled the changes out).
- Attempt (yet again) to fix the analytics issues. I’m on y fourth helper for this.
- Fix the curtains inside the LED room to look way nicer.
- Put long-overdue high-capacity power strips on anything that has to do with the LED room.
- Probably a bunch of other stuff I can’t remember.
Additionally, I am hustling to close down the rest of the calendar company by end of March and get the tax stuff all together. That has been depressing and frustrating.