Grant had to work his dayjob until afternoon, but came over and knocked out more stuff on the side walls and ceiling. I worked on emails and other process stuff. Leila and Kate came over to help in the evening. We got some stairs painted and the bench sanded and washed. We also got a metal bakers rack set up for the kitchen. It’s bigger and nicer than the current one that is in there, which I will move to the storage area.
The LEDs came in early. That means we have all the parts now and Mickey can start helping on that next week when he’s available.
Grant worked on painting the side panels to ready them for the LEDs and also readying the ceiling panels some. I went through a big pile of notes that I’ve taken over the last couple months. Most were ideas for improvements as I listened in on people enjoying the programs. Other notes were for program ideas and miscellaneous business ideas.
I’m not looking forward to painting or finding friends to paint so I booked someone to do all that on Taskrabbit. That should free a few hours up for me.
I picked up some brushes and paint from Vianca and Matt and took them over the room. I measured the walls for curtains for Wendy. I also sat and thought a lot about flow and how the doorways and windows might best be used. I think I’m going to go with black curtains in the doorways on rails and have valences on either side so not to show the rail. The black curtains are cool and mysterious and have a geometric box pattern reminiscent of the Eureka Room logo, so I think highlighting them as portals has more value than hidden doorways.
We’re making good progress. I’m liking my decision to do the extension and the bigger screen all along with the move. This will take more time now, but it won’t be so disruptive later. If I did it later I would have to book time to shut down the room, then book Grant and Mickey. I wouldn’t know how long it would take the to do it or what might slow us down. That would mean I either couldn’t book that far out, or pad it with lots of days that weren’t booked in case we needed them. Then do that TWICE for each the LEDs and the screen. (Or do them at once). Not only that, but we’d have the curtains up and be in the swing of things and then to just shut it down would just be a hassle. Even if I don’t get it going until the end of the month, I’m glad we did it this way.